Archive

Archive for the ‘Warhammer 40,000’ Category

Something Rotten This Way Comes…

12/04/2017 Leave a comment

By which I mean, Plague Marines!  As with most of my new projects, I tend to start off with a one or two (in this case, three) test models to help dial in my proposed paint scheme.  Fortunately as I’ve recently painted up a decent amount of Nurgle Daemons this was fairly straightforward.

Rather than using some of my two sets of Dark Imperium Death Guard, I elected to purchase a box of their Easy Build cousins.  Here’s how I got on.

Easy Build Plague Marines 01

Easy Build Plague Marines 02

Also, woo Miniature Monday!  First time I’ve posted something in ages.

Advertisements

Poxwalkers

11/26/2017 1 comment

Hello, yes I’m not dead! It’s been ages, hasn’t it?  Basically I was up to my eyeballs at work and then my wife and I popped over to the US to visit her parents for their fiftieth wedding anniversay (I also used that time to stock up on cheap shiny, but more on that later).

Anyway, since we got back it’s been one thing after another but I finally got some time over the past couple of evenings to paint up the set of six easy build Poxwalkers I picked up ages ago.

Poxwalkers 01

Poxwalkers 02

Poxwalkers 03

I decided to keep them very simple as I have two Dark Imperium boxes of them still to go and I’m sure I’ll be picking up more as I’ve not done a proper swarm army in ages.

Next up is more Death Guard as well as some naughty people from the Underhive…

The Changeling

07/31/2017 1 comment

The leader for my Tzeentch army (at least until I get a Lord of Change) is finally complete.

The Changeling 01

The Changeling 03

The Changeling 02

This was a fun model to paint, I included a profile shot to show my first ever attempt at wet blending on the staff’s feathers and snake.  Not fantastic but a damn sight better than I’d expected!

I would very much like to paint another of these in a few years time using Non-Metallic Metal techniques.  Once I’ve learned them, of course 😉

Also, next time I’ll paint this in sub-assemblies, not doing so was a massive pain in the arse!  Fairly sure I invented some new swear words.

 

Blue Horrors of Tzeentch

07/22/2017 Leave a comment

Blue Horrors 01

After getting their fiery little brothers done I’ve turned my attention to these chaps.  I basically reversed the scheme I’ve used in the past for Pink Horrors (more of these to come next week) and kept the detailing fairly simple as I had twenty of the buggers to churn out.  Of course, as I’m currently assembling more Pinkies, I’ll need more of these very soon…

Blue Horrors 02

Blue Horrors 03

Blue Horrors 04

Blue Horrors 05

You notice that I’ve acquired a Realm of Battle board. I picked this up and painted it at the start of the year and finally got to deploy it in anger last week.  I’ll put up some photos and a battle report in the next few days.

Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch

07/02/2017 3 comments

This weekend’s been somewhat Horrific…

Sorry*

As I’ve got an Age of Sigmar tournament coming up next month, I decided that I’d need some backup for my Tzeentch chaps.  More importantly, I decided it was high time to conquer my fear of painting all-yellow miniatures.  I think I’ve done okay.

Brimstone Horrors 01

Brimstone Horrors 02

Brimstone Horrors 03

Brimstone Horrors 04

I painted these using The Duncan’s method which you can view below:

.

Obviously mine aren’t nearly as good, I am but a mere mortal!

 

*Obviously, in no way actually sorry, shut up!

 

Screamers of Tzeentch

06/08/2017 Leave a comment

I’m attending an Age of Sigmar doubles tournament in August so I decided to get my finger out and get some of my daemonic backlog sorted. First on the list is the very easy to paint Screamers. 


These three took less than a couple of hours from sprue to finish, somehow I doubt the rest will be that easy…

Forgefiend

10/16/2016 2 comments

As promised in my last post, I’ve returned to my Drawer of Shame and resurrected another minute I started all too long ago.

I started this little beastie in August 2013, it was the first time I used the then-new Citadel Colour Sprays and I even blogged about it.  I quickly grew frustrated with this project as I’d made a schoolboy error in fully assembling the kit before painting.  As a result I gave up with but a single Ectoplasma Cannon painted and it languished in The Drawer for over three years.

Until last week.

forgefiend-01forgefiend-02forgefiend-03forgefiend-04

I’m so very glad that I managed to finish this guy, I think as a reward I’ll start on something totally new before venturing back into my long and inglorious history of half-finished projects.