Archive

Archive for the ‘Warhammer Age of Sigmar’ Category

Fifty Day Nurgle Challenge – Day 39: Daemons Finished!

09/09/2018 Leave a comment

With these happy little critters I am very relieved to announce that the daemonic contingent for my Nurgle tournament army is completed 🙂

Nurglings 02

I utterly adore painting Nurglings, they’re definitely a go-to project when I need a quick pick-me-up.  I am certain that I’ll be painting many more of these chaps very soon.

Fifty Day Nurgle Challenge – Day 37: Flying Hazard

09/07/2018 Leave a comment

It’s been quite a week but, a bit behind schedule, I’ve finished the next unit for my Nurgle army.

Plague Drones 01

I’ve been wanting to add some Plague Drones to my army since I first saw the models but never really got around to purchasing any.  These models were far more fiddly than I’d anticipated but I’m broadly happy with the end result.

Plague Drones 02Plague Drones 03Plague Drones 04Plague Drones 05Plague Drones 06Plague Drones 07

Fifty Day Nurgle Challenge – Day 30 – The Writing’s on The Wall…

08/31/2018 Leave a comment

Well, tatty scroll at any rate.

This evening I managed to finish the last of my Daemonic HQ units, the briliantly dour Spoilpox Scrivener.

Spoilpox Scrivener 1

Spoilpox Scrivener 2Spoilpox Scrivener 3Spoilpox Scrivener 4Spoilpox Scrivener 5

My wife got me this for my birthday earlier this year and I thoroughly enjoyed painting it.

Tomorrow I’m going to make a start on my Plague Drones and (hopefully) three more Nurgling Swarms.

Fifty Day Nurgle Challenge – Day 25: Halfway There!

08/26/2018 1 comment

Wow, it’s been quite the twenty five years days, hasn’t it?

I’ve managed to finish – you’ve guessed it – four more PoxWalkers today.

Here’s the current state of the challenge.

Completed

• 14 PoxWalkers

• 1 Sloppity Bilepiper

• 1 Beast of Nurgle

• 1 Foetid Bloat-Drone

In Progress

• 8 PoxWalkers

• 1 Spoilpox Scriviner

To Do

• 4 Plague Marines

• 1 Foetid Bloat-Drone

• 1 Myphitic Blight-Hauler

• 1 Plague Surgeon

• 1 Malignant Plaguecaster

• 1 Lord of Contagion

• 3 Nurgling Swarms

• 3 Plague Drones

It does seem that I’m more or less half way through the project at the halfway point, genuinely didn’t think that would be the case 🙂

Now, back to work!

Fifty Day Nurgle Challenge – Day 11: A Beastly Business

08/12/2018 Leave a comment

You know, I’m not even remotely sorry for that.   Besides, I’ve just finished one of the most fun models I’ve ever had the privilege to paint, this chap!

Beast of Nurgle 06

With thanks to Trenchmate Tim who gave me this Beast of Nurgle for my birthday a while back 🙂

Beast of Nurgle 02Beast of Nurgle 03Beast of Nurgle 04Beast of Nurgle 05

Now, onto something a bit musical…

All Your (32mm) Base Belong To Us

03/31/2018 1 comment

A few years ago I built a single squad of Pink Horrors for my Chaos Marines to summon and at the time I thought no more of it.  I mean, who in their right mind would collect a fourth army?

Anyway, fast forward two and a half years and I’ve accidentally amassed a reasonably sized Tzeentch daemon force that can be used for both 40K and AoS.  The only problem is that my first group of Horrors a) did not have any standard bearers or musicians, and b) were on the old 28mm bases.  After painting up another box of Horrors I was able to rectify the first issue but not the second, leaving me with the situation below:

All - Before

Front row are the original squad with the new ones on 32mm bases at the rear

You can see it better by looking at the two Iridescent Horrors.

Leaders - Before

Fortunately there are many ways to resolve this.  After some research, I ordered some 32mm Conversion Rings from Secret Weapons Miniatures and this afternoon I got to work.

These are made out of a fairly tough resin and as you can see are relatively flash-free, as they are resin it’s best to wash them in warm water mixed with a touch of detergent to remove any residual release agent.

Base Adapter

Fixing them to the models proved to be a bit more difficult than I had realised.  At first I thought it best to use super glue but this left the hold somewhat brittle and, while they do fit fairly well, the slight elasticity of the material means that once in place there is often a small gap as you can see below.

Base - Problem

I solved both problems be starting again, this time putting a thin roll of Green Stuff along the inside of each ring, applying a spot of super glue to the joining lugs then pressing both parts together around the miniature’s base.

Progress 2

After using some Liquid Green Stuff to fill the joins between the two halves of the ring I left the models to cure for an hour before painting.

As you can see at least by my standards they came out okay.

All - After

Leaders - After

While on close inspection it is possible to tell that these are conversion jobs it’s a relatively easy and very cheap way to rebase your minis should you wish.

The Changeling

07/31/2017 1 comment

The leader for my Tzeentch army (at least until I get a Lord of Change) is finally complete.

The Changeling 01

The Changeling 03

The Changeling 02

This was a fun model to paint, I included a profile shot to show my first ever attempt at wet blending on the staff’s feathers and snake.  Not fantastic but a damn sight better than I’d expected!

I would very much like to paint another of these in a few years time using Non-Metallic Metal techniques.  Once I’ve learned them, of course 😉

Also, next time I’ll paint this in sub-assemblies, not doing so was a massive pain in the arse!  Fairly sure I invented some new swear words.